Thursday 24 November 2011

Garnier BB Cream worth the hype?

The blogs went crazy a while back with the launch of Garnier's BB Cream. (Just in case you have not heard of BB cream, BB is short for 'Blemish Balm' and are a cult product in Asia since the 1950's.) I was super excited about this product and had extremely high hopes that it would be my new face product best friend. 




I have extremely pale Irish skin (ghost pale) so I was worried about forking out €15 on a product that would be to dark for my snowy skin. However, I discovered that Garnier were giving free samples of this product so I signed up to get my paws on them! A month later after totally forgetting about this my Garnier samples arrived! 




The packet consisted of a little box that folded out with three samples inside. The samples were in the colour 'light' which I requested. A £1/€1 voucher was also included. I am devastated to say however, that this product just is not for me. :( Despite the sample being in the colour 'light' it was still to dark for my ghostly skin. The coverage was very sheer and did not do much for the appearance of my skin. All in all it was more like a very light coverage tinted moisturiser. It did not succeed in my skin becoming 'perfected with even tone and boosted glow' or 'Blurs imperfections and smoothes fine lines.' This product is one that is dividing the blogger world. There are some who LOVE it and think its wonderful ad then there are others like me who think its pants! My advice would be definitely get your hand on a sample before you purchase.  




Blended on my skin. Very orange looking....

Overall very disappointed and felt it didn't live up to the hype! 

Larry xx

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with it, I can't find anything that ever is a good match for my skin tone :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you really pale like me? I use NO7 mouse foundation in New Ivory as it is really pale! One of the few foundations I can use :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...