Wednesday 25 January 2012

Marble Nails Fail :(

Marble nails is something I wanted to try for ages. I had read a few posts on it and it seemed easy enough. (Let me stress the word SEEMED!!) There did not seem to be much to it. Paint your nails, then add a few drops of polish to water, give it a swirl, pop the nail in and voilĂ  lovely nail art nails! Oh I was so naive! Just look at the mess I ended up with ....


It started of ok. I painted my nails the base colour, a light pink Nails Inc shade.


Next I got the water ready... I dropped in the nail polish as I was supposed to, and then made a pattern with a cocktail stick.



Now here is where the disaster happened. If you are doing marble nails you MUST tape around your nail! (You can also use Vaseline but I'm not sure how well this works) As I was too lazy to tape my fingers I ended up with a total MESS! It took ages to take off my hands with nail polish remover. As I was scrubbing my hand clean, the nail polish on my clean hand also began to come off. DISASTER. I had to start all over again this time taping my nails. The result this time was much better. The nail polish not on the nail was just on the tape. There was still some around the edges though...



Overall it was a total fail. It took me ages just to get the images above. It was such a mess that I ended up taking it off straight away. I don't think I would be bothered to try it again. Lesson of the day however TAPE YOUR NAILS! Don't be an eejit like me :(

Larry xx







7 comments:

  1. I don't know that it was a total fail. I think this takes practice, practice, practice, and you need to tape up the fingers really well.

    It looks awesome as an accent nail (its also less work cos its only one nail).
    Besides, its something to cross of your list of things to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Girlwiththeskew-earring I think I would need LOADS of practice to get it looking ok! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Well good on you for trying and definitely keep practicing!

    Glad you posted anyway to show us how to learn from your lesson!

    I love when you put black polish to the mix as it looks very tribal/African which is so on for SS 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Natalia Thanks Natalia! :) I think I'm going to give it another try. I'll just make sure to tape my fingers this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I don't know why you call this a fail. The final look at the end of the post I love! I know each nail looks totally different but it looks artsy and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have not tried it again but I must!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...