Tuesday 6 March 2012

Catrice Infinite Matt Foundation

Every second weekend I spend the weekend in Dublin. A few weeks ago I packed in a hurry as I was late for work. When I got to Dublin that night I realised I had forgotten my beloved Revlon ColourStay foundation! I was going out that night so I definitely needed it. I ran to Boots but they were closing so I had to make do with Penneys / Primark instead. With not much to choose from I picked up Catrice Infinite Matt up to 18 h Make-Up foundation. So did my last minute replacement do the job?


Catrice describe this foundation as 'The velvety smooth new Make-up with an oil-free formula absorbs unwanted shine and ensures a smooth and natural matt complexion for up to 18 hours. Thanks to its moisturizing effect and light-reflecting pigments, your skin will look beautifully radiant. The perfect basis for this season’s make-up looks – without a mask-like effect.'



My first impressions of the foundation was very good. I really like the packaging of this foundation. It comes in a glass bottle making it look a lot more expensive than €6.99. It also has a pump which is brilliant. (the lack of pump is my number one pet peeve with my Revlon Colourstay!) 


Slightly darker than my Revlon ColourStay
I picked up the lightest colour 010 Light Beige. In the shop it looked a perfect match but in reality it's slightly too dark for my milk bottle skin. I could get away with it for the weekend though. (Since I was going out to a night club and it would be dark there anyway!) The foundation has a nice medium coverage and I find it blends well. I was happy with the coverage and how it looked on my face. It doesn't last 18 hours (What foundation does?!) but it did last a long time. It  also didn't cling to dry patches on my skin. 




I really like this foundation, I just wish it came in a lighter shade! It does have a strong scent so if your fussy about perfumed products I would avoid. If you are not a milk bottle and are looking for a good cheap foundation  I would definitely recommend checking it out.


Larry x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...