Monday 13 February 2012

BAFTA Dresses!

One of the biggest awards shows of the year hit London last night! The BAFTA Awards! The BAFTA Awards is traditionally a huge night for fashion. Here is what I thought of the dresses!


I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the fashion at the BAFTAs. There was no dress that had the wow factor for me. In fact, it was extremely hard to pick the best dressed. This is usually hard but for the opposite reasons! I usually can't decide because I love so many. This year however it was more about finding a dress I liked a bit  to make the best dressed list. This should not be the way AT ALL! 


Best Dressed

Fearne Cotton in Moschino - This dress has been slated online. I however kind of like it? I would love if it was a shorter though. I just don't think it works as a full lenght gown. I love the colour on Fearne and think her hair looks amazing. If only the dress was shorter!

Michelle Williams in H&M - I think Michelle looks stunning in this photo. Her dress is a one of a kind H&M dress (so you can't find it in the shops!) It's simple yet elegent. H&M do similar dresses in their modern classic range. They are shorter though however.

Laura Bailey - Once again I would have loved this dress if it was a bit shorter. I love the print and the beaded detail and the shoes. The dress doesn't have much structure to it however. If it had been fitted better and a bit shorter I think it could have been amazing.

Worst Dressed

Oh dear where do we start? Let me just say that many others were VERY lucky to escape the worst dressed!

Christina Hendricks in Vivienne Westwood - This dress is just awful. It does NOTHING for poor Christina. Christina has a gorgeous figure but this dress actually looks like a black sack. Awful.

Edith Bowman - I don't know where to start on this one! The dress or the gloves? The colour suits Edith but the dress is extremely unflattering. There is no shape to it at all. Not really a dress suitable for the BAFTAs!

Meryl Streep in Vivienne Westwood - Sorry Meryl this one is just not for me. The dress itself is nice but I just hate the jacket. There is just too much black. As much as I love Meryl I don't love this.


What did you think of the fashion at the BAFTAs? Is it just me who was disappointed?

Larry xx

Photo credits: E! Online, The Daily Mail and Graziadaily


6 comments:

  1. Some great pics- I love Michelle but wish everyone would stop going about it being h and m! Like u said its custom made, so it's hardly like she spent a tenner on it!


    Jen@www.pret-a-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think they are going to get a similar dress in in March as there is so much fuss made over it!

      Delete
  2. Hadn't seen the edith bowman dress, it's awful!!
    I was looking at grammy awards pictures and there are a few disasters there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think overall there were much nicer dresses at the grammys though!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...